- Restore this portable file (QBM format) if you have QuickBooks Desktop US (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise) version year 2019 or later.
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2019 or later, or if you are using a version year of QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier, you will be prompted to upgrade the restored company file.
- The company name is Rock Castle Construction and the color scheme is blue.
- This company file has real dates, unlike the sample company files that come with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Use this company file to practice turning on Multicurrency and using the function.
As with any portable company file, you must enter the Admin user password. The credentials are as follows:
- Admin password: Admin123
- Security question: Name of high school: CHAT
- Keep the portable file you've purchased someplace safe, and download a copy of it any time to restore it to a fresh instance of a working company file.
If you wish to restore the portable file to the same folder on your computer more than once, you have two choices:
- Restore the portable file again and again, using the same (*.QBW) working file name. If you attempt to do that, you'll see a message indicating that the working file is read-only. In that case, right-click on the pre-existing *.QBW file you're trying to overwrite with the restored portable company and choose Properties. In the General tab, un-check the box next to Read-only and then click OK.Then continue to restore the company to the same working file name.
- Restore the portable company to another name altogether so you'll have more than one company demo file.
- Note to Canadian company users: when you restore the company file, you will likely see a message that the tax table is out of date. Ignore it. Or click on Edit > Preferences > Payroll & Employees > Company Preferences > No Payroll. That will turn off payroll and make this message go away.
- Note: NEVER install more than one country's version of QuickBooks Desktop on the same machine. For example, do not install QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Canada on the same machine on which QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, or Enterprise US is already installed.